before the sun goes down

"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in His sight" (I Chronicles 19:13).

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Why Stand for Life and Speak for the Gospel?

Stood for life this morning.

Offered information and help to women who were on their way to pay to have their babies murdered.

Prayed for hearts to be turned, and for my people to awaken to what is happening in our own country's cities.

Gave Gospel (English and Spanish) tracts to passersby.

Put signs with Scripture and the facts about abortion out for the benefit of the public driving by.

Carried a sign with the verse "Thus saith the LORD of Hosts, Consider your ways" (Haggai 1:5).

Shared about the Gospel and life with the postman and someone who stopped, asking for directions.

Read Scripture and warned a hardened murderer of the need of repentance as he went to slay at least half a dozen innocent Americans.

Preached to the manager, sharing why I was there and gave the Gospel message I give him every week.

Why do I do this twice a week?  Why do I rise early Wednesdays and Saturdays to go to the abortion mill?  Why do I warn the lost?

Like my Father, I am not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Here is an exhortation to us from a brother already departed:

"If sinners are to be damned at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies, and if they perish, let them perish with our arms around their knees imploring them to stay.  If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let no one go there unwarned or unprayed for."  Charles Spurgeon

   Jesus said to "preach the Gospel to every creature".  Are we not to obey our Lord and His word?

This is why I do what I do.  And this is why I exhort all my Christian brothers and sisters to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for being so faithful. i appreciate your stand and your example. keep up the good work. "faithful is He Who calleth you, Who also will do it."

    ReplyDelete