before the sun goes down

"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in His sight" (I Chronicles 19:13).

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Declaring the Truth about Life AND Life Everlasting!


"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth, for I have hoped in thy judgments" (Psalm 119:43)

You may wonder what does a Christian go through when he or she chooses to stand and speak for life publicly.  Allow me to share what all happened today...

Went to the local abortion mill, as I do twice a week, and stood for life from 6:30am to 10am.  

Prayed on the way there for the ability to share the Gospel and wisdom to give an answer. 

Offered help to and shared the Gospel with people going in to have their children killed.  Saw women and girls going in, and mourned in my spirit over both the fear and desperation on the faces of some and the impudence and brazen selfishness on the faces of others.  

Was refused for the most part, ridiculed by mothers, friends, and the staff, and was falsely accused and maligned by the manager.

Grieved at the knowledge that 10+ innocent children were slaughtered today not a 100 feet from where I was standing.

Gave tracts to people going by, including about 15 students waiting for the bus.  

Saw 54 positive responses from passersby.

Had a few people stop their cars to tell me that they appreciated what I was doing.

Had others driving by who ignored me or mocked at the murder of babies, and the word of God.  Was given opportunity to bless those who cursed me.

Witnessed of the Gospel and life to a woman walking by who was just released from prison yesterday after a 10 year sentence for killing someone.  She agreed with me in general about the evil of abortion, but raised doubts about cases of rape.  I answered her questions from the Bible in love, and gave her a tract about life and eternal life.  Let her know I will pray for her and her children.

Talked with a man who in his car on the road, whose girlfriend was inside, sharing with him what the Bible says about life, sin, forgiveness, and salvation.  he was not agreeing with me, but our conversation was civil.  As I spoke with him, the manager yelled profanities at me from the parking lot, where he stands when the abortionist is expected to arrive (he acts as security guard too).  The man and I kept talking.  Suddenly, the manager was behind me pushing on me with his chest and wouldn't leave me alone.  This, I believe, constitutes "assault".  He was angry that I was speaking with the man.  I guess prolife sidewalk counselors are bad for business.  It is the first time he has gotten physical against me, and I am grateful that the Lord protected me.  Got to share the Gospel again with this manager, telling him that I care about him enough to warn him of the danger, and that I desire to see him saved in Christ Jesus.

Warned the abortionist when he came of the need to repent and trust in Christ.  Preached the Gospel to him and to the manager again.  The abortionist yelled back at me and went inside to do his bloody business.

The manager said I was wasting my time, and that it would please him if I would leave and not come back.  I let him know that I am not living to please him, but my Father in heaven.  And my Lord calls His children to speak the truth and stand against evil.  

In each case, the Lord gave me words to say, almost all of it, being straight from the Bible.  "The preparations in the heart of man, and the answer from the tongue, is from the LORD" (Proverbs 16:1).  All glory to the Lord for being my Stay, and my Defense.

Praise the Lord, I'm seeing God work in this ministry, even in those who are resisting.  Jesus Christ shows His protection of His servants, and gives the words to say.  Am praying for His continuing conviction of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

 I'm thankful for the three young ladies who drove up from out of state to stand for life today too.  I prayed for other believers to get the burden to join me someday. 

All that in one morning.  

If you know the Lord Jesus as your personal Saviour, maybe you should ask your self, what you are doing to share the truth about life and eternal life.  

What are you doing to stand for the lives of the innocent in danger of being slaughtered?

What are you doing so that people can hear the Gospel and learn how they can have everlasting life?

There is still time to win a battle before the sun goes down. 

1 comment: