before the sun goes down

"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in His sight" (I Chronicles 19:13).

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Answering the Prolife "Burning Building" Argument

As abolitionists speak up to point out the problems of regulating abortion legislatively, we find that many people in the Prolife Movement will react.  This is only natural, as regulating abortion like it is healthcare has been the conventional "wisdom" for decades.

The following is an online retort from a prolifer that I received, and is a common argument by those who still think it is good to make laws that incrementally regulate abortion instead of laws that will abolish it altogether.  

"If I were to apply your logic to a house fire with a family of 5 and I knew I could only save 2, by your logic I shouldn't even attempt to save the two because, hey, I can't save them all, so why bother trying?"


This is my answer...

The house on fire illustration is not really a comparable parallel.  We are not talking about a burning building, but the intentional slaughter of children. 

But, to follow that logic, if I came upon a burning house, I would definitely save as many people still inside as I could.  That is why I go to the abortion mills to preach the Gospel and plead for my preborn neighbors--I know there are babies inside dying.  I have held babies in my arms that I have been able to rescue (pull out, as it were, from the burning building) in the face of threats and curses. 




I go to save as many as I can.

BUT

If abortion was a burning building, it would not be just (or right or good) to make a law allowing people government protection to toss some of their children into the fire as long as they were a certain age. 

Just as it would be unjust to make a law that would only allow the rescue of that certain age. 

Can you imagine? A law that requires the protection the older children, but does nothing to secure the safety of those younger, is WRONG and EVIL.    

We must protect ALL human life, born and unborn, no matter the gestational age, no matter the Supreme Court's opinions, no matter the pragmatic advice given by those in the prolife movement.

Jeremiah 22:3 "Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and DO NO WRONG , do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place."

Isaiah 1:16-17 "Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; CEASE TO DO EVIL; LEARN TO DO WELL; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow." 

Abortion must be abolished.

1 comment: