before the sun goes down

"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in His sight" (I Chronicles 19:13).

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Christians as Customers

I am stirred to share a memory from three years ago of something that happened outside the now shut down and demolished murder mill in Kansas City, KS.  

As I stood that morning at the abortion mill, pleading for the lives of my preborn neighbors, I was both verbally and physically threatened.  This is not infrequent in itself, but there was something that made this specific incident stand out.

The aggressor was a large man, bringing his granddaughter to the gates of death to have his great grandchild killed.  As I tried to plead with the young woman, he lumbered over and screamed at me, saying he would call the police on me.  I welcomed the idea, but he didn't follow through on his threat.

He cursed and used gross vulgar language in every sentence.  I answered from Psalm 10—a passage which describes the wicked who shed the blood of the innocent: "His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity" (Psalm 10:7).  God gave me Scripture after Scripture to wield—although intensely stirred I was able to remain calm throughout the interactiion.  He continued using expletives and ended up knocking into me with his stomach.  I considered calling the police myself, since this could qualify as assault, but instead persisted in earnestly delivering truth from the Sword of the Spirit.  

I told him he needed to have "repentance toward God and faith toward Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21), and he brazenly retorted, "Don't you tell me I need to repent

I'm an ordained minister!"  

"Whoever you are," I replied, "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh and your lips betray your heart!" He was using vile language because he knew he was doing wrong.  And I told him so.  I declared that he was breaking God's command to "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of [his] mouth..." (Ephesians 4:29).  I warned him not to take the name of the Lord in vain, nor murder his little great grand baby.  

He could not defend his actions, but resorted to vain threats of beating me, running me over with his car, and other things I will not repeat.  Finally he got back in his car, and drove off, still ranting, leaving his granddaughter inside alone to face the murderer of her child.  

Remembering this incident again, I leave him in the Lord's hands, knowing that the word of God that pierced him that morning will continue to work.  May he be humbled before God and repent.

I have no way of knowing, other than his own declaration, whether or not he was an ordained minister, but I must say that I and many others across this nation have seen 
people going into abortion mills: 

with Jesus fish, Christian bumper stickers, Bible verses, & Prolife license plates on their cars,  
with Christian T-shirts, cross necklaces, and other accessories on their person,
with Christian words in their mouths, quoting Bible, claiming salvation, and telling us that they are faithful members of churches, even deacons and pastors.  

And they have rebuked us for preaching the Gospel and pleading for the lives of our neighborsin many cases their own children.  I weep even now to think of it.

Not to mention the professing Christians we have seen who work at these bloody businesses, give business to Planned Parenthood by using them for other services, and provide transportation, so their friends can get to the abortuary and murder their children, thusbecoming the getaway driver for a homicide in the worst degree.  All of this making them Particeps Criminis "participants in the crime".


I cannot tell how you how broken hearted I am to have repeatedly been told by "brothers and sisters" who are about have their babies poisoned, burned, or ripped to pieces that "I'll be in church tomorrow!"

Ezekiel 23:39 "For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house."

The grievous fact is that more professing Christians will go the child sacrifice centers of our country as customers than as ambassadors for Christ.
This is OUR holocaust.  Let us repent.

Abortion must be abolished.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Kevan. May God raise up more soldiers of Christ to stand at the gates of hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again Kevan, thank you for standing on the Word of God in this wicked city.

    ReplyDelete