before the sun goes down

"Be of good courage, and let us behave ourselves valiantly for our people, and for the cities of our God: and let the LORD do that which is good in His sight" (I Chronicles 19:13).

Sunday, December 22, 2019

Why AMBA?

Sometime ago, a brother in Christ sent me a message, asking why I always include the letters AMBA or the words "Abortion must be abolished" on each social media post or comment.

His main question, was

"Why AMBA?  Why not just JMBE (Jesus must be exalted)?" 

The idea is that if Christians simply would exalt Christ, then that would by course stop abortion too.

After consideration, here was my response.

"First of all, I think it is a great idea (and is the chief end of mankind) to glorify Jesus in all we do. And I seek to do so.  I believe that can be seen readily in all my posts and writing.

I would encourage any Christian to use JMBE in their posts. 

However, I am afraid that millions of Christians would agree with JMBE, say 'Amen' and NEVER apply that to abolishing the murder of their preborn neighbors (A broad statement and sentiment of calling for Christ to be exalted can be generally glossed over and lauded by Christians without addressing a particular area that needs to be addressed to exhort Christians to do their duty in exalting Christ in a culture of child sacrifice.).

History reveals the tragic failure.

MOST Bible preaching churches in America during the time of slavery did NOT do righteously in behalf of their neighbors in bondage, but they would have been proclaiming that 'Jesus must be exalted.'

Even among those churches that were "antislavery" and were of the "colonization society" were indifferent and even often antagonistic to the cry of the abolitionists.

During the holocaust of the Jews, there were 50 million church going Christians, who believed that Jesus must be exalted, but were silent and inactive as their neighbors were arrested and removed.  There were even Christians in a church beside the railroad tracks that would sing louder praises to God when the train passed, so that they could drown out the cries of the Jews being taken to the death camps.  They were loving and 'exalting Jesus in word', but not in deed and truth (I John 3:18).

Consider this quote by Martin Luther:

"If I profess with the loudest voice and clearest exposition every portion of the truth of God except precisely that little point which the world and the devil are at the moment attacking, I am not confessing Christ, however boldly I may be professing Christ.  Where the battle rages, there the loyalty of the soldier is proved.  And to be steady on all the battle fields besides is merely flight and disgrace if he flinches at that point."

So though those churches believed truth, and broadly declared that Jesus must be exalted, they failed to act to bring that truth to bear with the specific evil of the day in a way to exalt Him by Whose Name they were called.  Thus was it to their shame (I Corinthians 15:34).

Therefore I have chosen to exalt Jesus Christ by directly bringing the the Gospel into conflict with the evil of our day, speaking for those made in His image, "the least of these" with whom Jesus identifies Himself, who are being murdered in the very place where He was made flesh, entering the womb to redeem the world.

I believe that in all things, Jesus must be exalted, so I maintain that

"Abortion must be abolished."

1 comment:

  1. I love this Brother! Very fitting response. We maintain and proclaim with utmost urgency, that ABORTION MUST BE ABOLISHED, while steadfastly holding to the exclamation that JESUS MUST BE EXAULTED ! JMBE/AMBA

    ReplyDelete